- New Moon/Solar Eclipse: 15° Capricorn
- Date: January 5th, 2019
- Time: 5:28 PM PDT/ 8:28 PM EDT
- Element: Earth
- Modality: Cardinal
- Ruler: Saturn
- Themes: A new cycle, transformation, endings, and beginnings, tearing old structures, building new ones.
- Events: Partial Solar Eclipse
Eclipses always coincide with a New Moon (Solar Eclipse) or a Full Moon (Lunar Eclipse). Most of the time, they happen in the same axis as the signs the lunar nodes are in (lunar nodes are mathematical points where eclipses occur).
A Solar Eclipse happens when the Moon is directly between Earth and the Sun. When Earth is between the Sun and the Moon, then it’s a
Astrologically, it is said that when these lunar phases coincide with an Eclipse, that their power is magnified by three. Essentially, they bring big changes that are aligned with our life purpose. Therefore, it moves us out of the paths that don’t belong to us and guide us to the
Solar Eclipse In Capricorn
This Solar Eclipse will be at 15 Capricorn and since it will be many degrees apart from the South Node, it will be partial. This results with the Moon partially eclipsing the Sun and it signifies that a part of our identity and vital energy (Sun) will have
It symbolically represents an ending and a beginning of a new cycle, hence, change and transformation
This eclipse will be making a tight sextile with Neptune and
2019 Comes With 5 Eclipses
Capricorn will be predominant influence in 2019, with three out of five eclipses occurring in
South Node In Capricorn
The South Node in Capricorn will be calling for a change of structure and for releasing the negative ways of this sign. The collective may have accumulated enough of what its dark side rules: overworking, ambition over values and power used for the wrong purpose. Its optimum side is met when it’s balanced with what Cancer rules, hence what the South Node asks for.
The Eclipse In The Same Sign As The South Node
This signifies that all of the eclipses that will happen on the South Node will be asking for a cleanse and the banishment of these old structures before starting to build the life you desire.
What did you begin releasing with the last Cancer Full Moon? This event marks an ending to this process and a new beginning.
New Moon Sextile Neptune
During this New Moon/Solar Eclipse, set the intentions for the life you want to create. What is it that you want to expand on? What do you want to achieve this year?
This sextile with Neptune will be asking to start materializing your dreams, pay attention to your intuitive downloads. Meditate on it if necessary. Your life path may be meeting a redirection, this will be making it clear of where you want to be headed to.
Sun And Moon Conjunct Saturn And Pluto
Both the Sun and Moon will be 4 and 5 degrees apart from these planets, but its influence will still be there. Saturn and Pluto in practical Capricorn are asking for transformation that its made through methodical steps.
Hence, this aspect highlights the shedding process that’s essential for transformation. What structures or systems in your life need to be rebuil? It’s clear that something may not be functioning in its optimum way, this makes it an opportunity to change that and create greater efficiency in your life.
What This Means For You
The new year starts and the collective is motivated to achieve their resolutions, this is all happening under the influence of Capricorn Season. A few hours before this eclipse, Mercury changes to Capricorn, placing half the planets in the same sign of Capricorn. This is the perfect energy to set intentions for your goals and dreams, but after the event.
Furthermore, the Solar Eclipse triples the energy of stillness of this New Moon. It’s not a time to begin a project (it’s best to wait 2-3 days with the Witch’s New Moon or waxing gibbous moon), but to set intentions through silence, meditation
The New Moon Transits Based On Your Ascendant
So this event will be about an ending that brings a new beginning and it’s just the start of it. The complete transformation will occur with the last Solar Eclipse in Capricorn by the end of the year. This means that the house in your chart that they will be transiting will be greatly activated and meeting big changes in the area of your life it corresponds to.
- Capricorn: In the first house, the house of self, your appearance
- Aquarius: In the twelfth house, the area of the unconscious, dreams, loss
- Pisces: In the eleventh house, the area of networks, group of friends, connections, humanitarian efforts and goal setting.
- Aries: In the tenth house, the area of career, public image
- Taurus: In the ninth house, the area of travel, higher knowledge, book publishing, adventure, foreign people and countries.
- Gemini: In the eighth house, the area investments, inheritance
anddebts. Also in the area of death, rebirth, the shadow side andsex; the merge of resources/energy with a partner.
- Cancer: In the seventh house, the area of relationships, weddings, partnerships, laws
- Leo: In the sixth house, the area of service-based work, health, routines, and habits.
- Virgo: In the fifth house, the area of creativity, fertility, children, and dating.
- Libra: In the fourth house. The area of the home, family, natal city, your roots, the past and internal world.
- Scorpio: In the third house, the area of communication, intellect, education, brothers, and neighbors.
- Sagittarius: In the second house, the area of finances, possessions and your value system.
NOTE: If you don’t know your rising sign, you will need to know the date, exact time of birth and location to pull a chart with that information. You can find that out by creating a free chart over at Astro.com. Note that it’s not always exact in the Placidus System because it depends on the degree your ascendant is. For example, if your rising sign is at 15 degrees Cancer, this Moon will be transiting your twelfth house, not your first. You may read
Focusing Your Lunar Work
During your personal Moon Rituals, the energy will be supporting work that reflects on the following questions:
- What did I begin releasing with the Cancer Full Moon? Is it gone completely, or do I still need to make some changes for that?
- According to where it’s transiting in my chart how can I integrate more balance in the area of life it corresponds to?
- Which Capricorn ways need to be shed and transformed into the optimum ways of this sign?
- What is the life I want to create and the dreams I want to materialize? What first step do I need to take for it?
Written by Kiaralys Rosario | Astrologer on KiaraStellar . My approach in astrology comes from my love for the stars and their archetypal energies that coexist within us and that by translating their language, we are able to reach a deeper level of self-awareness and discover our life’s path. Follow me on Instagram for daily horoscopes @KiaraStellar , to book a reading or read the Cosmic Blog: kiarastellar.com