- Full Moon: 6° Virgo
- Time: August 30th 6:37 AM EDT / 3:37 AM PDT
- Element: Earth
- Modality: Mutable
- Ruler: Mercury
- Themes: New emotional cycle of sixth months, positive lifestyle changes, making strategic plans, taking practical action.
ABOUT NEW MOONS
New Moons mark the end and the beginning of the 29.5 day lunar cycle. Every month it happens in the same zodiac sign and degree as the Sun. Thus, it occurs when both luminaries make an exact conjunction that results with the Moon being overshadowed from our geocentric perspective. This merges our external identity/presence (Sun), with our inner world and emotional nature (Moon). Therefore, it’s a moment of stillness, recharging and for retreating. It’s ideal for introspection and for setting intentions for the upcoming cycle, so we see their results with the Full Moon.
NEW MOON IN VIRGO
The New Moon will occur at 6 degrees of tropical Virgo, a mutable and earth sign ruled by Mercury. The two luminaries will be conjunct all of the personal planets, Mercury, Venus and Mars and all of these will be softly aspecting radical Uranus. Thus, collectively, this lunar event will be inviting us to make positive lifestyle changes for more sustainability, improving health, productivity and eliminating bad habits.
It will call for us to better the soil of where we intend to plant seeds in order for the fruits to blossom in their best quality. The stellium in this earthy and grounded sign will be transiting in an area of our lives that will be making its ground highly fertile to manifest. This while it opens a new emotional cycle, ideal for us to make plans around what we want to grow there to see it germinate in sixth months with the Full Moon in Virgo of 2020.
THE VIRGO ARCHETYPE
Ruled by Mercury, the archetype of Virgo is analytical, an outstanding observer and practical. This sign has its feet on the ground and its eyes are set to improve its external environment by maintaining and cleansing it. This because it knows that when something is not properly cared for, it dies or rots. Also, it has an eye for defects and for stagnation, as it wants keep things moving, living and improving. Hence, why it’s also known as the virgin/maiden since it seeks to purify.
VIRGO AND ITS CONNECTION WITH NATURE
However, there is more to it and that is that Virgo makes the perfect herbalist, the green witch and the medicine wo/man. Since it acknowledges and honors the power and spirit of nature, it knows which elements of earth to use in order to heal itself or others.
Further, it’s cognizant that the gifts of Mother Earth are not to be taken for granted and that they are there for a specific reason. It observes nature’s intelligence and acts accordingly to how it knows it works. This explains why this archetype is called to live a more holistic lifestyle since it knows what the body needs and nurtures it properly.
VIRGO’S CONNECTION TO CERES
For this reason, the rulership or exaltation of Ceres (it’s still being debated) has been attributed to Virgo. This dwarf planet corresponds to the Roman Goddess Demeter or Greek equivalent, Ceres. She is known for being the Earth mother, the nurturer and to rule health and agriculture. According to the myth, she rules also the seasons of the year and is responsible for the fertility of the land. She was always working to maintain the land and feed the people. Hence, why it’s so connected to Virgo.
Lastly, its opposite sign, Pisces, brings to it the balance so there is harmony between body, mind and spirit.
Every year, at the veil between Summer and the Autumn Equinox, the Sun enters Virgo, and it calls every time to evaluate how in harmony we are with our body and with our inner world. This is because during this season we meet the balance of these opposite signs with the Full Moon in Pisces.
THE STELLIUM IN VIRGO
This time we meet Virgo Season with a high concentration of its earthy vibration because of the personal planets being in this sign conjunct each other. At the 24th, Venus and Mars made an exact conjunction in Virgo, balancing the divine feminine-receptive with the divine masculine-giving energy. When both polar energies are unified, they create balance between their duality and create life.
The two luminaries, also representing this duality, will be conjunct and close to these planets. This further reinforces that it’s a very fertile time as we’re called to balance both energies in ourselves and our lives. Since both germinate life, both analogically are necessary to make things happen. Thus it’s a perfect time to take practical action and Mars will be the fuel; Venus, the desire; Mercury, as it’s also in this sign, the plan.
NEW MOON TRINE URANUS
These planets in Virgo will all be closely trining Uranus in Taurus while the luminaries will make this exact harmonious aspect. Uranus is the planet of radical changes and innovation. Thus, this New Moon will be calling for radical, but positive changes to shake the ground to where there have been stagnation and transform to something that keeps restoring and is sustainable.
WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU
This New Moon in Virgo is perfect to set the intention to make positive lifestyle changes either for improving health, making a new routine to increase productivity or for balancing work and personal life and to eliminate negative and create better habits. It’s also perfect to make a strategic plan around a certain goal or a project and take action when the Moon begins to wax. Lastly, it’s excellent for spells and rituals utilizing Earth’s elements, making crafts or just sitting outside for grounding or to enjoy nature.
WHERE THE NEW MOON WILL TRANSIT IN YOUR CHART
Where the New Moon will transit in your chart indicates the area of life it may influence and where a restoring cycle begins. This is based on your rising sign/ascendant and a whole sign system of houses. If you don’t know your ascendant, look for your Sun or Moon sign.
- Aries: In the sixth house. Hence, the area of service-based work, health, routines, and habits.
- Taurus: In the fifth house. The area of creativity, fertility, children, and dating.
- Gemini: In the fourth house. The area of the home, family, natal city, your roots, the past and internal world.
- Cancer: In the third house. The area of communication, intellect, education, brothers, and neighbors.
- Leo: In the second house. The area of finances, possessions and your value system.
- Virgo: In the first house. Hence, the house of self, your appearance and personality.
- Libra: In the twelfth house. The area of the unconscious, dreams, karma, confinement, working ‘under the radar’.
- Scorpio: In the eleventh house. The area of networks, group of friends, connections, humanitarian efforts and goal setting.
- Sagittarius: In the tenth house. The area of career, public image and reputation.
- Capricorn: In the area of travel, higher knowledge, foreign people and countries.
- Aquarius: In the area of other people’s money, death, rebirth, the occult and sexuality.
- Pisces: In the seventh house, the area of relationships, weddings, partnerships, laws and justice.
FOCUSING YOUR INNER WORK
- What are my intentions for this new emotional cycle?
- What results would I like to see in about six months with the Full Moon in Virgo?
- Based on the house it transits in my chart, in what area of life am I meeting a restoration in order to make positive changes?
- What new routine could I make to balance my work/personal life?
- What habits do I need to change in order to increase my productivity or better my general health?