- New Moon: 4° Sagittarius 3’
- Time: November 26th at 10:05 AM EDT, 7:05 AM PDT
- Element: Fire
- Modality: Mutable
- Ruler: Jupiter
- Themes: New emotional cycle, growth and expansion.
ABOUT NEW MOONS
New Moons mark the end and the beginning of the 29.5 day lunar cycle. Every month it happens in the same zodiac sign and degree as the Sun. Thus, it occurs when both luminaries make an exact conjunction that results with the Moon being overshadowed. Symbolically, this merges our external identity/presence (Sun), with our inner world and emotional nature (Moon). This is when the waning dark moon has reached completion and it’s in its darkest phase, making us go deep within. Therefore, it’s still a moment of stillness, recharging and for retreating. However, as it also represents the aperture in the ground to plant seeds, it’s perfect to set intentions that you want to manifest in sixth months with the Full Moon of the same sign.
NEW MOON IN SAGITTARIUS
The New Moon will occur at 4 degrees of Tropical Sagittarius, a mutable and fiery sign ruled by Jupiter. This lunar event emerges us from the depths and from the dark swampy waters of Scorpio. The period of shedding and regeneration has ended and now we welcome a new beginning with an expansive vision and a horizon of infinite possibilities. The two luminaries will only make significant alignments to asteroid Pallas and Chiron at the moment of their exact conjunction. This begins a new emotional cycle of sixth months fueled with enthusiasm, optimism and wisdom from learned experiences, we will learn to apply the lessons and the knowledge we gained with Jupiter in Sagittarius, which will change to Capricorn on December 2nd.
On November 24th, Venus and Jupiter made an exact conjunction in alignment with the galactic center, this aspect is charged with a potent energy ideal for manifesting as it helps us tune in with the vibration of abundance to attract love, prosperity and success. This aspect is highly symbolic as it represents the last gift Jupiter in Sagittarius will give us before it changes signs. This gift may have been an opportunity, a change or a result in the area of life it has been transiting in our chart since November 2018.
Lastly, it may have birthed a vision, one that we may set the intention to manifest during this New Moon. However, this season will not only have Sagittarius’s optimistic and fiery energy, to make us take action on it, but it will be mostly influenced by Capricorn’s, as Venus and Jupiter will be in this sign, along with Saturn, Pluto and the South Node. Thus, it´s an excellent period to begin executing on those goals and vision, as it will help us be more strategic and practical on their execution.
NEW MOON TRINE CHIRON IN ARIES
The New Moon trining Chiron, the wounded healer signifies also that is a time for healing after the intense period we may have went through during Scorpio Season. With this aspect we heal our wounds, let go what no longer serves that may be the cause of pessimism and a blockage to manifest. With this, we will begin to connect with the enthusiastic and optimistic energy of Sagittarius that will open us many doors and bring in the new.
NEW MOON CONJUNCT PALLAS ATHENE
Pallas Athene is the daughter of Jupiter in greek mythology, and Jupiter (Zeus) is the ruler of Sagittarius. She is the goddess of wisdom and strategic warfare and she was born from the head of her father. Thus, being so present in this lunar event, indicates that this new emotional cycle that will begin will be influenced by her energy helping us manifest our goals with her knowledge and wisdom.
WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU
As said, this New Moon is excellent to begin setting intentions and begin taking action on them with the crescent Moon, as the strong influence of Capricorn during Sagittarius season will help us follow them with practicality and a methodical plan. In addition, since we have Chiron and Pallas Athene involved in this lunar event, it’s perfect to reflect on the lessons and the experiences we had during Jupiter in Sagittarius transit, so that these new goals emerging are also executed with the knowledge of experience and strategy. Lastly, there is no vision or goal manifested if there are limiting beliefs withholding you back, hence, this makes this New Moon is ideal to reflect on your beliefs and if there are one’s that have been preventing your growth.
WHERE THE NEW MOON WILL BE TRANSITING
Where the New Moon will be transiting in your chart indicates the area of life where a new emotional cycle of growth and manifestation will begin.
- Sagittarius: In the first house. Hence, the house of self, your appearance and personality.
- Capricorn: In the twelfth house. Thus, the area of the subconscious mind, dreams, karma, confinement, working ‘under the radar’.
- Aquarius: In the eleventh house. Hence, the area of networks, group of friends, connections, humanitarian efforts and goal setting.
- Pisces: In the tenth house. Thus, the area of career, public image and reputation.
- Aries: In the ninth house. Hence, the area of travel, higher knowledge, book publishing, adventure, foreign people and countries.
- Taurus: In the eighth house. Thus, in the area investments, inheritance and debts. Also in the area of death, rebirth, the shadow side and sexuality.
- Gemini: In the seventh house. Hence, the area of relationships, weddings, partnerships, laws and justice.
- Cancer: In the sixth house. Hence, the area of service-based work, health, routines, and habits.
- Leo: In the fifth house. Thus, the area of creativity, fertility, children, and dating.
- Virgo: In the fourth house. Hence, the area of the home, family, natal city, your roots, the past and internal world.
- Libra: In the third house. Thus, the area of communication, intellect, education, brothers, and neighbors.
- Scorpio: In the second house. Hence, the area of finances, possessions and your value system.
FOCUSING YOUR LUNAR WORK
- In what area of life Jupiter in Sagittarius has been bringing expansion and growth?
- What lessons did I learned from the experiences and how can I apply them with my new goals?
- What vision or goal do I have that I can set the intention to manifest?
- Do I have any limiting belief preventing me from taking action and manifesting my vision?