● New Moon: 15° Sagittarius
● Time: December 7th at 2:20 AM EDT, December 6th at 11:20 PM PDT ● Element: Fire
● Modality: Mutable
● Ruler: Jupiter
● Themes: expansion, growth, true desires.
ABOUT NEW MOONS
New Moons represent a new lunar cycle. Every month it happens in a different zodiac sign that is the same as the Sun. Thus, it occurs when both make an exact conjunction that results with the moon being completely overshadowed. This merges identity/presence (Sun), with the subconscious/emotions (Moon). Therefore, it’s a moment of stillness, ideal for introspection, reflection and for release or setting intentions. The Witch’s New Moon occurs after 2-3 days and its when we can begin taking action.
NEW MOON IN SAGITTARIUS
This event will occur at 15 degrees Sagittarius, marking the ending and the beginning of a lunar cycle. Sagittarius Season began with a Full Moon in Gemini that highlighted the need for focus before fully immersing into the expansion that the Sun brings.
This New Moon is perfectly orchestrated as it will happen exactly at the half of this Fall season, making it great for reflecting on how we are going to spend the rest of it.
JUPITER IN SAGITTARIUS
Sagittarius’s themes are: expansion, adventure, new experiences, travel and higher knowledge. Thus, its influence will ask us to transcend from the superficial and instead focus on a higher purpose. It is ruled by Jupiter and this planet will be in this sign until December 2019. Therefore, this event also marks the beginning of the blessings it will bring to us during next year.
OPPOSITION WITH EROS
Eros is an asteroid between Venus and Mars that represents creative passion and sexual desire. It’s currently at 15 degrees Gemini and it would be exactly opposite the New Moon. This aspect asks us to tap into our core desires and our creativity in the moment of planting seeds.
SQUARE WITH THE MARS AND NEPTUNE CONJUNCTION
Firstly, this Mars and Neptune conjunction in 13° Pisces speaks to the motivation to take action on our dreams and visualizations. However, the Sun and Moon will be making a square to them at a 2° orb. This indicates that there needs to be a moment of pause or an emotional detox first to see everything clearly before executing impulsively.
The tense aspect with Neptune can bring delusions and deceptiveness. Hence, it would be great to reflect if our intentions are what we truly desire and not what we believe we want.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU?
Energetically, these aspects can feel intense and may spark volatile emotions and strange dreams. Also, because Neptune is the planet of behavior altering substances, it will be wise to avoid their over consumption.
This New Moon will be asking to connect with its energy of stillness. For this, try to find calmness through techniques like meditation. It’s through this still state where we can be able to introspect without any disturbance and set intentions that are in accordance with our core desires.
BEFORE PLANTING SEEDS
If you have been feeling that something has been limiting you, this would be a great time for banishment rituals. There’s no expansion with the past and attachments holding us back. When a cycle begins with damaged roots, nothing grows on it. Hence, make sure that if your intentions require change, that nothing is currently stagnating you. If there is, decide to release it for your inner peace and your personal or professional growth.
Two days after the New Moon would be great to finally take actions on our goals and our projects. It will welcome a new beginning that would be expanding our horizons with a taste of adventure during the holidays.
WHERE THIS NEW BEGINNING WILL HAPPEN BASED ON YOUR RISING SIGN
Because Jupiter is also in this sign until the end of 2019, this lunar event will mark a new cycle that will be blessed by this planet. Both would be transiting in the same house in our chart, indicating where this new beginning will occur.
- Aries: In the ninth house, the area of travel, higher knowledge, book publishing, adventure, foreign people and countries.
- Taurus: In the eighth house, the area investments, inheritance and debts. Also in the area of death, rebirth, and sex; the merge of resources/energy with a partner.
- Gemini: In the seventh house, the area of relationships, partnerships, laws and justice.
- Cancer: In the sixth house, the area of service based work, health, routines and habits.
- Leo: In the fifth house, the area of creativity, fertility and dating.
- Virgo: In the fourth house, the area of home, family, natal city, and internal world.
- Libra: In the third house, the area of communication, intellect, brothers and neighbors.
- Scorpio: In the second house, the area of finances, resources, possessions and self worth.
- Sagittarius: In the first house, the area of self projection, appearance and identity.
- Capricorn: In the twelfth house, the area of the unconscious, dreams and karma.
- Aquarius: In the eleventh house, the area of networks, group of friends, connections, humanitarian efforts and goal setting.
- Pisces: In the tenth house, the area of career, public image and reputation.
If you don ́t know your rising sign, you will need to know your the date, exact time of birth and location to pull a chart with that information. You can find that out by creating a free chart over at Astro.com.
FOCUSING YOUR LUNAR WORK:
During your personal Moon Rituals, it will be great to reflect on these questions:
● What are my intentions and main priorities for the new lunar cycle and year?
● Are there any habits that I need to change first to achieve my goals?
● Is there something specific that I know has been limiting my growth?
● How can I begin banishing its influence from my life?
● What is it that I truly desire and what will be my first step to begin working on it?
Written by Kiaralys Rosario | Astrologer on KiaraStellar. My approach in astrology comes from my love for the stars and their archetypal energies that coexist within us and that by translating their language, we are able to reach a deeper level of self awareness and discover our life’s path. Follow me on Instagram for daily horoscopes @KiaraStellar, to book a reading or read the Cosmic Blog: kiarastellar.com