- New Moon: 4° Pisces 29´
- Date: February 23rd, 2020
- Time: 10:32 am ET / 7:32 am PST
- Element: Water
- Modality: Mutable
- Ruler: Jupiter & Neptune
- Themes: New emotional cycle, introspection, setting intentions, manifesting, taking action on our dreams, turning our vision into reality.
ABOUT NEW MOONS
The New/Dark Moon marks the end and the beginning of the 29.5 lunar cycle and the beginning of an emotional cycle that will reach its climax in six months with the Full Moon of the same zodiac sign. Every month it happens in the same sign and degree as the Sun. Thus, it occurs when both luminaries make an exact conjunction that results with the Moon being completely overshadowed. Symbolically, this merges our external identity/presence (Sun), with our inner world and emotional nature (Moon).
This is when the waning dark moon has reached completion and it’s in its darkest phase, making us go deep within. Therefore, it’s still a moment of stillness, recharging and for retreating. However, as it also represents the time to plant seeds, and the Moon approaches to display its first silver line, it’s perfect to set intentions that you want to manifest in sixth months with the Full Moon.
NEW MOON IN PISCES
The New Moon will occur at 4 degrees Pisces, a Water and Mutable sign ruled by Jupiter and Neptune. The two luminaries will be sextiling Mars and Uranus, combining the element of Earth and Water, thus, making it one of the most fertile New Moons of the year ideal for manifestation and growth. Uranus in Taurus asks for change that brings more sustainability and Mars in Capricorn for strategic action towards the vision the New Moon will begin to germinate.
For instance, we will gain complete clarity on our vision and dreams on March 9th with the Full Moon in Virgo and Mercury stationing direct. Hence, this New Moon happening in the same sign of Mercury Retrograde is excellent for a deep dive regarding your soul purpose and your dreams or aspirations. This is also because the sextile between Jupiter and Neptune will be a part of this lunar event, helping us turn those dreams into plans and our vision into reality in six months with the Full Moon in Pisces.
NEW MOON SEXTILE URANUS & MARS
The two luminaries will be harmoniously aspecting Mars in Capricorn and Uranus in Taurus, forming a minor grand trine in the sky as these two will be also sextiling each other. This aspect pattern marks the energy of what this new emotional cycle will be all about. Since Mars is the planet of action and Uranus the planet of radical changes, this translates that in this lunation what we set the intention to work on with discipline and strategy will manifest with a strong foundation and bring positive change to an area of our lives. This is also due that the luminaries in this Water sign in aspect with these planets in earth signs will provide us with a very fertile energy, making this lunar event one of the best ones of the year to plant seeds and begin a process of manifestation.
MERCURY RETROGRADE IN PISCES: FEBRUARY 16TH-MARCH 9TH
However, since Mercury is retrograde in this sign and will be five degrees behind the Sun during this lunar event, it will be first asking us to take a deep dive on our aspiration and see if they are a part of our soul path. This is because Mercury Retrograde in Pisces in a harmonious aspect with the nodes of destiny will be realigning us with our soul purpose. In addition, Mars will be also closely conjunct the South Node asking for us to purge and release what is no longer a part of our purpose in this incarnation. For instance, those dreams and that vision we are starting to see, may come with one we are leaving behind.
THE ECLIPSES IN THE CANCER AND CAPRICORN AXIS
Remember that what is being left behind is a part of the Eclipses of 2019 and 2020. We have been meeting a tearing of structures and beginning to build new ones. However, with the energy of Pisces at play during this season, we will be opening our hearts to the changes that have been occurring, which will in turn help us release anything that is holding us back. This is key in order to manifest effectively. Mars in Capricorn conjunct the South Node, but in a harmonious aspect with all of these planets will be leading us towards that vision by first cutting the cords that attach us to what isn’t serving anymore.
JUPITER SEXTILE NEPTUNE
On February 17th, a few nights before the New Moon in Pisces, the two rulers of this sign, Jupiter and Neptune, made an exact sextile. However, their energy are still lingering and thus, are also a part of this new cycle.
To further understand this alignment, last year, when Jupiter was in Sagittarius, it was tensely aspecting Neptune. This square that occurred many times throughout the year, put into our awareness those dreams and beliefs that were either too unrealistic, socially imposed or inauthentic, meaning that it didn’t come for a soul centered place.
Now that Jupiter is in Capricorn and will instead be harmoniously aspecting Neptune, it will be helping us ground our dreams in order to turn them into plans, goals and our reality. It’s not about expecting to get our wishes granted miraculously, but instead put our work and effort in order to manifest them.
WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU
This New Moon will be opening a new emotional cycle in which it’s ideal to begin manifesting your vision and see it blossom in six months with the Full Moon in Pisces of September 9th. Mercury Retrograde in this sign will be helping you dive deep into your subconscious to uncover your soul’s desires or to realign you with a higher purpose.
On March 9th, the night of the Full Moon in Virgo, Mercury will go direct, meaning that this process of introspection will extend for the proximate two weeks! Hence, that is when you will get the big picture on your dreams or your soul’s mission, with this introspection is when it will begin to germinate.
This makes this lunar event more about self reflection and soul work. However, it’s a magical and psychically infused New Moon, making it also excellent for oracle divination, dream exploration, hypnosis, therapy and for consulting the tarot for either therapeutic or predictive purposes. Remember that as Pisces is the last sign of the zodiac, it always makes it an excellent time for releasing, healing and forgiveness in order to prepare for the astrological new year (Aries Season).
THE HOUSE THE NEW MOON WILL ACTIVATE IN YOUR CHART
Where the New Moon will transit in your chart indicates the area of life where a new emotional cycle of six months will begin and where you will have a fertile ground to grow something that will be sustainable and create positive change in your life. This is also where Mercury is flying backwards in your chart, meaning that it’s also where you’re being asked to revise and make adjustments.
- Pisces: In the first house. Hence, the house of self, your appearance and personality.
- Aries: In the twelfth house. The area of the unconscious, dreams, karma, confinement.
- Taurus: In the eleventh house. The area of networks, group of friends, connections, humanitarian efforts and goal setting.
- Gemini: In the tenth house. The area of career, public image and reputation.
- Cancer: In the ninth house. The area of travel, higher knowledge, religion, philosophical beliefs, foreign people and countries.
- Leo: In the eighth house. The area of other people’s money, transformation, the occult and sexuality.
- Virgo: In the seventh house, the area of relationships and partnerships.
- Libra: In the sixth house. Hence, the area of service-based work, health, routines, and habits.
- Scorpio: In the fifth house. The area of creativity, fertility, children, and dating.
- Sagittarius: In the fourth house. The area of the home, family, natal city, your roots, the past and internal world.
- Capricorn: In the third house. The area of communication, intellect, education, brothers, and neighbors.
- Aquarius: In the second house. The area of finances, possessions and your value system.
FOCUSING YOUR LUNAR WORK
- In what house/area of life the New Moon will begin to germinate a vision so you manifest it in six months?
- What do you need to revise and re-adjust in that area in order to bring positive change there?
- Do you feel you’re being realigned in your soul path? What are you being asked to let go of?
- What are your dreams and aspiration and how can you begin turning them into plans so they become reality?