- Full Moon: 22° Aquarius
- Date: August 15th 2019
- Time: 8:29 AM EDT / 5:29 AM PDT
- Element: Air
- Modality: Fixed
- Planetary Rulers: Uranus and Saturn
- Themes: Culmination, illumination, meeting results, making internal adjustments. Connecting with the heart’s desires, beginning to shine.
ABOUT FULL MOONS
Every month the Moon reaches its full phase when it makes an exact opposition with the Sun. It represents the peak of its cycle, when emotions are heightened and when something subconscious rises into the conscious awareness. Also, it symbolizes a completion, when we see the results of what we’ve previously worked on. This makes it perfect to celebrate if you see the results of the seeds you planted and/or an opportunity for reflection and gaining emotional clarity on a situation.
FULL MOON IN AQUARIUS
The Full Moon will occur at 22 degrees of Aquarius, an air and fixed sign ruled by Uranus and Saturn. This is the opposite sign of Leo and every Leo Season we reach its climax in Aquarius, bringing the balance between these two opposite signs. On February 4th, we had the New Moon in the same sign and it opened a new emotional cycle that was for our reinvention. Now, this cycle has reached its peak and we may meet the results of what we began during that time. Hence, we may see the results of the intentions we set.
This lunar event will be opposing the Venus Star point. Hence, it’s abour love, relationships, self esteem and desires. Since this point happens in the sign of Leo, it surrounds the expression of self, confidence and the heart chakra. In addition, Uranus, the modern ruler of this Aquarius, stationed retrograde, making this a Full Moon of reflection.
THE LEO AND AQUARIUS POLARITY
Uranus and Saturn co rule the sign of Aquarius. Thus, it’s renowned for its revolutionary, humanitarian and inventive thinking and it’s based more on reason than emotion. In addition, it’s the ruler of the eleventh house, the area that corresponds to the collective and friends. This makes this sign focused on its visions, ideas and its contribution in society.
Leo is ruled by the biggest star of the zodiac, the Sun. Also, it rules the fifth house, the area that corresponds to fertility, creativity, pleasure, and fun. This makes Leo archetype be one that’s focused more on the creative and passionate expression of self.
However, both have something in common and that is that they’re both fixed signs. This modality is described for being grounded, stable, non changing and makes natives strong willed or obstinate. The lesson that comes with fixed signs is to learn about releasing what no longer serves them, letting go of control and liberating from what holds them back. With the Moon that represents our subscious mind being completely illuminated in this modality, it may put into spotlight what we need to release. It has to do with the mind, ideas, and beliefs that don’t help us connect with our core desires.
THE VENUS STAR POINT IN LEO: SUN CONJUNCT VENUS
On August 14th, the Sun will make a conjunction to Venus. This last planet has a 584 day synodic cycle, where it transitions to Morning or Evening Star every 292 days. When Venus is direct and it reaches the Sun in degrees, it makes what is called a superior conjunction. It represents the “Full Moon” phase of Venus as it’s the climax of its cycle. With this, Venus will change from Morning Star to Evening Star and will begin appearing in the night sky in about 60 days. When it appears at the morning, it’s when she is a warrior goddess, expressive and spontaneous. As a star of the night, she is receptive, introspective and romantic.
ITS ASTROLOGICAL SIGNIFICANCE
Astrologically, this superior conjunction is a great time for manifesting and also for accepting changes or endings happening, just as the Full Moon. Also, since Venus represents our desires, it’s an opportunity to reflect on them and what needs to change in order to manifest them. The key is to not force them, release the warrior in us that’s impatient and just let things flow, let them come to us. As exerting control, manipulation and holding on to things that no longer serve may instead prevent us from getting what we truly wish for.
FULL MOON OPPOSITE VENUS
The Moon opposing Venus in Leo the very next day it made its superior conjunction with the Sun, it indicates that this lunar event will be all about the themes Venus rules, love & relationships, desires, value system, finances and self esteem. Remember that on the last New Moon in Leo, Venus was very close to both luminaries, thus it initiated a cycle for us to manifest our desires. This full moon opposite Venus brings an illumination to this, we are under a mirror effect and understanding things from the other side of spectrum. The rational-logic mind (Aquarius) with the heart (Leo). Hence, we will be begin this new journey of Venus as an evening star with mind and emotional clarity or alignment. The time to open our hearts to love and our core desires has come.
ENERGETIC SHIFT: Uranus Rx + Jupiter direct
As the modern ruler of Aquarius, Uranus, just stationed retrograde and its traditional ruler Saturn, is also retrograde, it makes this full moon about reflection and reassesing where something is missing, what needs adjustments or improvement in the area of life this sign rules in our chart in order to continue our personal reinvention and not become stagnated.
Interestingly, Mercury in Leo comes out of its shadow period the night of the Full Moon. This means that the mind is finally clear and we have now three indicators that this lunar event brings clarity. Jupiter also stationed direct on August 11th, indicating that our expansion, growth and the set backs we’ve been experiencing has ended.
WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU
This full moon culminates something that began on Febraury 4th, it may bring to fruition the seeds you planted or it may illuminate what needs innovation in your life. Collectively, this innovation need to happen from within in order to bring external changes and it has to do and with opening our hearts to our desires, releasing control and beginning to flow and not force.
The lunar cycle’s climax happening during the Sun and Venus’s conjunction, highlights that a desire is now present in our heart’s and it’s time to begin to follow it. Remember that this has to do with the emotional cycle that the New Moon in Leo began in July 31st. Lastly, it’s a time to reflect about the intentions you set sixth months ago. This applies individually depending on where it transits in your chart or what planets it aspects in your chart.
WHERE THE FULL MOON WILL BE TRANSITING BASED ON YOUR RISING, SUN, MOON SIGN
Where the New Moon will be transiting indicates what area of life is meeting a culmination and where there may be revision needed. You may also want to look at the opposite house as that’s where The Sun and Venus are, in which there is also a climax and illumination regarding venusian themes. For example: 1&7, 2&8, 3&9, and so on…
- Aries: In the eleventh house, the area of networks, group of friends, followers, goals and aspirations.
- Taurus: In the tenth house, the area of career, public image and reputation.
- Gemini: In the ninth house, the area of travel, higher knowledge, philosophy, religion & spiritual path.
- Cancer: In the eighth house, the area of the occult, intimacy, death, transformation and other people’s money.
- Leo: In the seventh house, the area of relationships, partnerships, laws and justice.
- Virgo: In the sixth house, the area of service-based work, health, routines and habits.
- Libra: In the fifth house, the area of creativity, fertility, children, and dating.
- Scorpio: In the fourth house. The area of the home, family, natal city, your roots, the past and internal world.
- Sagittarius: In the third house, the area of communication, intellect, education, brothers, and neighbors.
- Capricorn: In the second house, the area of finances, possessions and your value system.
- Aquarius: In the first house, the house of self, your appearance and personality.
- Pisces: In the twelfth house, the area of the unconscious, dreams, karma, confinement, working ‘under the radar’.
FOCUSING YOUR INNER WORK
- What intentions did I set on february 4th’s New Moon in Aquarius?
- Did they manifest or did I experienced setbacks? What needs to change or improve from within in order to continue my reinvention?
- How can I begin connecting with the desires of the heart? What ideas, beliefs and thoughts do I need to release for this?
- How can I release control and begin to flow?