We aim to afford all our customers the same data privacy protection and tools regardless of the legal jurisdiction from which they access our site. That means that even while our US customers aren’t strictly subject to the EU’s GDPR, we treat everyone the same.
What Personally Identifiable Information (PII) do we collect from the people that visit our website?
When registering, commenting, posting or ordering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, and in some cases physical address and credit card information to assist with your experience and purchase.
Please note, any credit card or financial information you input here is not stored by us and is instead stored and managed by Stripe, our payment portal. The only financial information stored on this site is how much you have spent over the course of your relationship with us.
Stripe is GDPR compliant and if you want to know how they handle your financial information and privacy, you can head over to their site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you surf the site, register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, post to the forums or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- Provide the services, access to products, and renew subscription-based services you have purchased;
- Provide customer support. While providing you with customer support we may also gather additional information from you to investigate technical issues, and respond to your support questions;
- Communicate regularly with you about events, products and other services we believe may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving emails by clicking unsubscribe link provided in the email.
- Analyze customer characteristics (location, interests, purchasing history) and customer use of our products and services, at an aggregated level, to understand customer and market needs, to improve our existing products and services, to develop new products and services, for business development, and for marketing communications.
- We use your physical address only for identifying and tax or legal jurisdictional requirements and to send you the physical products you have purchased.
How is your information protected?
We take appropriate security measures, including but not limited to, malware scanning, SSL, PCI compliant credit card processing, to protect against loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of your information. We have taken steps to ensure the ongoing confidentiality, availability, and resilience of systems and services processing personal information, and will restore the availability and access to information in a timely manner in the event of a physical or technical incident.
We will retain personal information, customer and business information for as long as it is needed to:
- Provide products and services you have requested;
- To communicate with you about a request you have made;
- To enable you maintain an account with us, provided you have not otherwise requested that we delete your information;
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, to demonstrate compliance, and to enforce our rights and agreements.
Fair Information Practices:
In the event of a data breach: You will be notified, via email, within 72 hours.
We use “cookies”:
How We Share Your Personal Information:
We may make your personal information, customer information, or business information available to companies that provide services to assist with our business activities, such as website analytics or Stripe, our payment portal. These third parties are authorized to use your personal information, customer information, or business information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
We may also disclose your personal information, customer or business information as follows:
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process. To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, we will take commercially reasonable steps to notify you in the event that we are required to provide your personal, customer, or business information to third parties as part of a legal process. We may also be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including requests from national security or law enforcement authorities.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a written government request;
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
In Compliance with CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
- You can change your personal information by emailing us. We will make commercially reasonable efforts to provide you reasonable access to any of your personal information we maintain within 30 days of your access request. We provide this access so you can review, make corrections, or request deletion of your data. If we cannot honor your request within the 30-day period, we will tell you when we will be able to provide access. In the unlikely event that we cannot provide you access to this information, we will explain why we cannot do so.
This site does not specifically target or market to children under the age of 13 years old.
If you have any questions regarding this policy you can use the site’s Contact Page.