- New Moon: 14° Taurus 11
- Date: May 4th 2019
- Time: 6:45 PM EDT / 3:45 PM PDT
- Element: Earth
- Modality: Fixed
- Ruler: Venus
- Themes: New lunar cycle & being open to change. Cultivating self love, breaking free from attachments.
ABOUT NEW MOONS
New Moons mark the end and the beginning of a lunar cycle. Every month it happens in the same zodiac sign and degree as the Sun. Thus, it occurs when both make an exact conjunction that results with the moon being completely overshadowed. This merges identity/presence (Sun), with the subconscious/emotions (Moon). Therefore, it’s a moment of stillness, ideal for introspection and for setting intentions for the upcoming cycle.
NEW MOON IN TAURUS
This New Moon will only make a tight aspect with Neptune at the moment of it’s perfect conjunction, making it ideal for envisioning and manifesting. However, it will come from having made a conjunction with Uranus and at its later degrees, it will perfect its trine with Saturn, Pluto and the South Node. Therefore, this lunar event would be ideal to introspect on what needs change and needs to step out of stagnation.
In addition, as this Moon is ruled by Venus, its themes are about self esteem, possessions and our value system. Hence, what blockages need to be cleared, what needs change and more stability around these themes? This is the first new moon and emotional cycle that begins with Saturn and Pluto Retrograde. Thus, it has to do with the psychological or healing process we will be in during the next five months of their retrograde motion. In sixth months, we will meet the results of the seeds we planted in this lunar event with the Full Moon in Taurus of November 12th.
TAURUS SEASON: THE ASTROLOGICAL WEATHER
Saturn and Pluto retrograde in Capricorn
The first week of Taurus season began with two major planetary events: Saturn & Pluto stationing retrograde in Capricorn, respectively, on April 24th and the 29th. These two planets, that are closely conjunct with the South Node, have been tearing down structures and patterns that are stagnant and are no longer sustainable to continue. Hence, their symbolical significance have been representing up in the heavens the tearing, transformation, endings or destruction, around what Capricorn rules, that has been occurring on Earth since early 2019. This has been happening to the collective and to the majority of individuals, as there is something in our lives that needs to be rebuilt in order for it to not remain stagnant and continue growing.
Jupiter Retrograde in Sagittarius
Additionally, this is what Jupiter retrograde in Sagittarius is also indicating, for in the house it is transiting, its has put the growth and expansion it’s been bringing on a pause. And if we look at the next house, which is ruled by Capricorn, that area is being transformed. Therefore, if Jupiter didn’t go retrograde, it would’ve changed to that sign sooner and would’ve began expanding what Saturn, Pluto and the South Node were still ‘trying’ to break
Uranus in Taurus
Lastly, this is all happening while Uranus is moving through the sign of Taurus indicating that major change is needed in the area of life it is transiting. However, it’s a transit that will last until 2026. Hence, this New Moon is potent because it’s the first one this year in the same sign as Uranus. Thus, this new emotional cycle has a different significance that we’ve never seen before. Something is changing or would begin soon.
WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU
Capricorn and Taurus in your natal chart
Every single one of us have, in our natal chart wheel, a house that is ruled by Capricorn and it’s in that house where Saturn and Pluto retrograde are transiting, indicating where inner work is needed during their retrograde motion and what needs to be teared and rebuilt. It can be limiting beliefs, patterns, conflicts, or bad habits that have been working like termites. This New Moon will be making a trine to these planets and the South Node highlighting the need to observe them during this lunar event.
The same thing goes for where Taurus in your chart, and it will be opening a new emotional cycle that will ask for change in the house where you seek stability most, but the heavens are clear and something is asking to get out of the comfort zone. Therefore, what area of life does this sign rules in your chart? It gives you a hint as to what needs to change in order to contribute to the rebuilding process of the retrograde planets in Capricorn, which is what the trine indicates.
Taurus, ruler of Venus and second house
Additionally, since Taurus is ruled by the goddess of love and rules the second house of the natal chart, this lunar phase may also have to do with your possessions or values, with your self esteem and your finances. It may ask for budgeting, investing more, rebuilding your self confidence or to introspect on ‘your’ possessions. Hence, it has to do with this type of attachment with either a person or material things. How attached are you to them? It may be a time to break free from it in order to bring the emotional stability and peace you desire.
Sometimes, co-dependency or a deep attachment to material things or a partner comes from a place of lack of self love. This makes it ideal to set the intention to begin healing the wounds that comes from insecurity and begin building your sense of self worth by setting boundaries and taking care of yourself and your needs.
Finally, this New Moon is ideal to take a time to retreat, recharge and practice self care rituals. To dedicate this three day phase to yourself, your pleasure or for glamour, love or money magick.
WHERE THE NEW MOON IN TAURUS WOULD BE TRANSITING IN YOUR CHART.
Where the Sun and Moon would be transiting, indicates what area of life a new emotional cycle will begin and it has to do with stepping out of the comfort zone and being open to change. Also, check if you have any planet at 14 degrees, and the house that planet is located. This certainly adds more insight on how it will affect you.
- Taurus: In the first house. Hence, the house of self, your appearance and personality.
- Gemini: In the twelfth house. Thus, the area of the subconscious mind, dreams, karma, confinement, working ‘under the radar’.
- Cancer: In the eleventh house. Hence, the area of networks, group of friends, connections, humanitarian efforts and goal setting.
- Leo: In the tenth house. Thus, the area of career, public image and reputation.
- Virgo: In the ninth house. Hence, the area of travel, higher knowledge, book publishing, adventure, foreign people and countries.
- Libra: In the eighth house. Thus, in the area investments, inheritance and debts. Also in the area of death, rebirth, the shadow side and sexuality.
- Scorpio: In the seventh house. Hence, the area of relationships, weddings, partnerships, laws and justice.
- Sagittarius: In the sixth house. Hence, the area of service-based work, health, routines, and habits.
- Capricorn: In the fifth house. Thus, the area of creativity, fertility, children, and dating.
- Aquarius: In the fourth house. Hence, the area of the home, family, natal city, your roots, the past and internal world.
- Pisces: In the third house. Thus, the area of communication, intellect, education, brothers, and neighbors.
- Aries: In the second house. Hence, the area of finances, possessions and your value system.
FOCUSING YOUR LUNAR WORK
- Based on the area of life the New Moon would be transiting, what has been stagnated and needs change?
- What are my intentions for this new lunar cycle and upcoming sixth months?
- How can I begin cultivating my sense of self worth and love? What are my needs and my boundaries?
- How deep are my attachments and where does it come from? The past? How can I learn to love without possessing?
Written by Kiaralys Rosario | Astrologer on KiaraStellar
. My approach in astrology comes from my love for the stars and their
archetypal energies that coexist within us and that by translating their
language, we are able to reach a deeper level of self-awareness and
discover our life’s path. Follow me on Instagram for daily horoscopes @KiaraStellar , to book a reading or read the Cosmic Blog: kiarastellar.com