ABOUT NEW MOONS
New Moons mark the end and the beginning of the 29.5 day lunar cycle. Every month it happens in the same zodiac sign and degree as the Sun. Thus, it occurs when both luminaries make an exact conjunction that results with the Moon being overshadowed from our geocentric perspective. This merges our external identity/presence (Sun), with our inner world and emotional nature (Moon). Therefore, it’s a moment of stillness, recharging and for retreating. It’s ideal for introspection and for setting intentions for the upcoming cycle, so we see their results with the Full Moon.
NEW MOON IN LEO
The New Moon will occur at 8 degrees of tropical Leo, a fixed and fiery sign ruled by the Sun. This lunar event will begin a new emotional cycle in the area of life it will transit in our chart. It will invite us to connect with our passionate, creative and lioness instinct that seeks to stand out by beginning to cultivate our inner light. The two luminaries will be closely conjunct dazzling Venus, which is on the verge to transitioning from morning (phosphorus) to evening (Hesperus) star when it makes its exact conjunction with the Sun on August 15th. With this planet involved in this New Moon, it indicates that it will be a part of this new beginning and it has to do with our desires.
However, all of these planets will be squaring Uranus, signifying that there are changes happening in which there is resistance. Hence, it will invite us to open our heart’s for the changes happening that may serve us for our greatest good. Further, Mars will be merging forces with loyal Juno, making us pass through the challenges with the sense of compromise necessary to keep moving forward towards a goal. Lastly, Venus will be trining Chiron, indicating that in order to begin to shine, wounds need to be healed.
Finally, after the dense and emotional wave we went through during Cancer and eclipse season, the energy has shifted. We may begin feeling more light-hearted, with the desire to connect with our wildness, creativity and to express ourselves.
From the beginning of this season, the emotional energy of Cancer was still present as Venus was still in this sign, Mercury was retrograde and the Moon was in its waning phase. However, before this New Moon, Mercury stations direct and Venus changed to Leo on the 27th. After this event, the Moon will begin to wax and will reach its fuller phase on August 15th. By this date, Mercury have already re-entered Leo and Jupiter stationed direct.
Hence, Leo Season will begin a new cycle that is entirely for growth, healing and for manifesting our desires. However, since Leo is ruled by the brightest star, it’s about the growth of the inner Sun we have within. About our confidence, talents and creativity, as Leo rules the 5th house that rules these themes. Further, considering that the Moon will be completely dark with this event and the Venus star point will happen in Leo transitioning to evening star, it’s precisely about cultivating the light with where there have been darkness. A process that will last for the rest of the year, with its climax during the Full Moon in Leo of February 2020.
NEW MOON CONJUNCT VENUS
The Sun and Moon will be making a conjunction in a 3 degree orb with Venus. Where the planet of love and desire transits in our chart, it indicates the energy we want to vibrate in. Hence, it being so close to the point where this emotional cycle begins, it’s perfect as it’s more ideal to embark on a new beginning when there is the desire to do so. In addition, something new begins that has to do with Venus (love, relationship, an income stream, etc). Lastly, the fiery and fixed characteristic of this sign, signifies that there is something precise that we want and we are expressing it outwardly.
NEW MOON AND VENUS CONJUNCT CHIRON
Chiron, the asteroid known as the wounded healer, talks about our wounds. In Aries, it’s about those that stem from the ego- the self. Hence, this exact harmonious aspect with Venus while it closely trines the Moon, indicates that in order to start building our confidence and sense of self worth, wounds need to be healed and transmuted into our strength.
MARS CONJUNCT JUNO TRINE JUPITER
Mars is the planet of war, action and impulse. In Leo, it takes action wildly, by following its instincts and its heart. It has been trining Jupiter since the beginning of Leo Season, which indicates that there is a high dose of confidence to take risks. Also to embark on an adventure in order bring in change and improvement, as this planet is currently retrograde.
Mars and Juno are exactly conjunct during this lunar event, hence, this asteroid is also trining this planet. Juno is the asteroid of marriage and compromise and it represents Hera from Greek mythology. Jupiter, represents Zeus, the husband of Hera and this trine, symbolizes their harmonious union. Astrologically, this represents the compromise we have with ourselves for our personal growth or expansion in the areas of life they transit on our chart. Further, Mars merging with Juno signifies that the action oriented energy we have is precisely for this and for the loyalty in ourselves by following our hearts.
NEW MOON SQUARE URANUS
Uranus, the planet of radical changes and revolution will station retrograde the same day the Jupiter stations direct. It being in a tense aspect with these two luminaries and Venus, gives me the image of a volcano that suddenly erupts. Hence, there may be surprises or radical changes happening in our lives and it’s important to not put too much resistance and to follow our true desires even if it means making changes that are necessary so that we can move forward confidently.
WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU
This New Moon is an ideal time for introspection regarding which aspects of yourself have been dimming in order to start cultivating its light and then set intentions around it. Generally, It has to do with your creativity, your talents, your confidence and your current wants. Also, it’s now time to begin healing from past wounds and transmute them into your strength and you will consequently begin to shine and stand out somewhere, as there is always something where the lioness within you distinguishes itself and leads. Remember the healing and manifesting process will last sixth months when it reaches the Full Moon in Leo of 2020.
WHERE THE NEW MOON IN LEO WILL BE TRANSITING IN YOUR NATAL CHART
Where the New Moon will be transiting in your chart indicates in what area of life this new emotional cycle will begin.
- Leo: In the first house, the house of self, your appearance and personality.
- Virgo: In the twelfth house, the area of the unconscious, dreams, loss and karma.
- Libra: In the eleventh house, the area of networks, group of friends, connections, humanitarian efforts and goal setting.
- Scorpio: In the tenth house, the area of career, public image and reputation.
- Sagittarius: In the ninth house, the area of travel, higher knowledge, book publishing, adventure, foreign people and countries.
- Capricorn: In the eighth house, the area investments, inheritance and debts. Also in the area of death, rebirth, the shadow side and sex; the merge of resources/energy with a partner.
- Aquarius: In the seventh house, the area of relationships, weddings, partnerships, laws and justice.
- Pisces: In the sixth house, the area of service-based work, health, routines, and habits.
- Aries: In the fifth house, the area of creativity, fertility, children, and dating.
- Taurus: In the fourth house. The area of the home, family, natal city, your roots, the past and internal world.
- Gemini: In the third house, the area of communication, intellect, education, brothers, and neighbors.
- Cancer: In the second house, the area of finances, possessions and your value system.
FOCUSING YOUR LUNAR WORK
- How can I step out of the shadows and begin to shine?
- How can I begin cultivating my confidence?
- Have I been suppressing a passion or talent of mine?
- Where am I currently heading towards and how can I maintain the current sense of compromise I have right now?
- What wounds rooted in the ego do I need to heal in order to follow my desire to shine and express myself confidently?
- What are my intentions for this emotional cycle?