- New Moon: 4° Aries 12´´
- Date: March 24th, 2020
- Time: 5:28 am ET / 2:28 am PST
- Element: Fire
- Modality: Cardinal
- Ruler: Mars
- Themes: New emotional cycle of growth and healing, new beginning, healing the dark feminine within and the wounds of the ego.
ABOUT NEW MOONS
The New/Dark Moon marks the beginning of an emotional cycle that will reach its climax in six months with the Full Moon of the same zodiac sign. Every month it happens in the same sign and degree as the Sun. Thus, it occurs when both luminaries are in a perfect conjunction that results with the Moon being completely overshadowed. Symbolically, this merges our external identity/conscience (Sun), with our inner, subconscious world and emotional nature (Moon).
This is when the waning moon has reached completion and it’s in its darkest phase, making us go deep within. Therefore, it’s still a moment of stillness, recharging and for retreating. However, as it also represents the time to plant seeds, and the Moon approaches to display its first silver line, it’s perfect to set intentions that you want to manifest in sixth months with the Full Moon.
NEW MOON IN ARIES
The New Moon will occur at 4 degrees Aries, a Fire and Cardinal sign ruled by warrior Mars. The two luminaries will be conjunct Chiron and Black Moon Lilith, opening a new emotional cycle of six months that will be about healing the wounds of the ego and the dark feminine within. These themes have been present since February when both began their conjunction. The effects of this alignment may have stirred up and shed light to these wounds and now this lunar event marks the time when the healing initiates. Now that the astrological new year and the equinox began, it’s ideal to initiate this new cycle by turning our pain into true power. Lastly, by healing the destructive and chaotic influence of the shadowy feminine within and transmute into one that creates and manifests from nothing.
The energy of Aries is one that initiates, that enterprises, it’s the fire within that creates movement and makes you execute. It’s an uncontrollable force also and needs to be tamed in order to take constructive action. We commence this new beginning with its influence, but it’s up to us to decide how we are going to utilize it and where we are going to direct that fire. For instance, this lunar event is also about initiating change, set new goals and create a plan to accomplish them. The two luminaries will be harmoniously aspecting Saturn, the disciplinary influence of the cosmos, which will be almost conjunct Mars, the ruler of this New Moon.
Since these two last planets are in innovative Aquarius, we’re being called to re-establish goals based on the changes Saturn will demand us to create.
NEW MOON CONJUNCT CHIRON AND LILITH
Asteroid Chiron, the wounded healer, has been conjunct Mean Black Moon Lilith since the beginning of February, this has pointed towards the need for healing of the dark feminine within, as she is wounded in her ego and is manifesting in wrathful and destructive ways. This is because Chiron represents the wounds that we haven’t healed and Lilith the occult power that is hidden with all that we repress and she also represents the shadowy side of the feminine, as in the myth, she was cast out of Eden.
This conjunction will then bring regenerative healing to the wounds of the ego by first illuminating them and bringing them out through triggers, defenses and rage bringing chaos and war if not handled. The New Moon will now initiate a new cycle in which the climax of its healing will be met during the Full Moon in Aries of October 1st, 2020. Interestingly, this Full Moon will be conjunct Chiron retrograde, making us evaluate the wounds that were supposed to heal from this New Moon. Time now for shadow work and deep introspection.
NEW MOON SQUARE LUNAR NODES
The two luminaries, Chiron and Black Moon Lilith will be in a tense and challenging alignment with the Nodes of destiny in the Cancer-Capricorn axis. The structures the ego has built with its insecurity and with its fear, needs to be tested and dissolved. Also, this square aspect will be highlighting where we feel wounded, insecure or hurt and illuminating to us what we need to release so that we heal and begin the astrological new year without our unconscious wounds or traumas influencing our steps anymore. ⠀
WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU
The influence of Saturn here will be grounding us in our current restorative reality and begin taking action on our goals with what we have at the moment. Individually, Saturn in Aquarius will be demanding us to create innovative changes in an area of our lives. The New Moon in Aries in a harmonious aspect with it indicates that this new goals we set has to do with these changes we need to make. For instance, it makes it an excellent time to plant new seeds and intention
This New Moon has two sides, as it will initiate a new cycle of healing and one of growth and manifestation. Not only is it the perfect time to set new goals and intentions and begin taking the steps towards them, but it’s also perfect for shadow work and introspection. I will suggest to begin this deep introspective process from the Waning Dark Moon and end it the day of the New Moon. On the 25th, since the Moon will show its first sliver, it´s then time to begin taking action on your goals. Hence, the day of this lunar event is still for retreating, meditation and setting intentions.
WHERE THE NEW MOON WILL BE TRANSITING IN YOUR CHART
Where the New Moon will be transiting in your chart, indicates the area of life where Lilith and Chiron may have been stirring chaotic situation and where the new moon will begin the new cycle of healing. This is also where you´re meeting a new beginning and a new cycle of growth and manifestation. The time to harvest the seeds you planted in that area will be during the Full Moon in Aries of October 1st.
- Aries: In the first house. Hence, the house of self, your appearance and personality.
- Taurus: In the twelfth house. Thus, the area of the subconscious mind, dreams, karma, confinement, working ‘under the radar’.
- Gemini: In the eleventh house. Hence, the area of networks, group of friends, connections, humanitarian efforts and goal setting.
- Cancer: In the tenth house. Thus, the area of career, public image and reputation.
- Leo: In the ninth house. Hence, the area of travel, higher knowledge, book publishing, adventure, foreign people and countries.
- Virgo: In the eigth house. Thus, in the area investments, inheritance and debts. Also in the area of death, rebirth, the shadow side and sexuality.
- Libra: In the seventh house. Hence, the area of relationships, weddings, partnerships, laws and justice.
- Scorpio: In the sixth house. Hence, the area of service-based work, health, routines, and habits.
- Sagittarius: In the fifth house. Thus, the area of creativity, fertility, children, and dating.
- Capricorn: In the fourth house. Hence, the area of the home, family, natal city, your roots, the past and internal world.
- Aquarius: In the third house. Thus, the area of communication, intellect, education, brothers, and neighbors.
- Pisces: In the second house. Hence, the area of finances, possessions and your value system.
FOCUSING YOUR LUNAR WORK
- In what area of life is the new moon initiating a new cycle in my natal chart?
- What are my goals for this new astrological new year?
- What do I want to manifest in this spring equinox?
- Where have I projected my shadow side?
- How can I transmute my pain into power and my destructive actions with ones that create?
- What wound of the ego do I need to heal from this?
- In this quarantine, what step do I have the possibility to take that takes me closer towards my goals?