- New Moon: 4° Aquarius 22´
- Date: January 24th, 2020
- Time: 4:42 pm ET / 1:42 pm PST
- Element: Air
- Modality: Fixed
- Ruler: Saturn and Uranus
- Themes: Reinventing, innovating, breaking free from limiting beliefs, connecting with your true potential.
ABOUT NEW MOONS
New Moons mark the end and the beginning of the 29.5 lunar cycle and the beginning of an emotional cycle that will reach its climax in six months with the Full Moon of the same zodiac sign. Every month it happens in the same sign and degree as the Sun. Thus, it occurs when both luminaries make an exact conjunction that results with the Moon being overshadowed. Symbolically, this merges our external identity/presence (Sun), with our inner world and emotional nature (Moon). This is when the waning dark moon has reached completion and it’s in its darkest phase, making us go deep within. Therefore, it’s still a moment of stillness, recharging and for retreating. However, as it also represents the time to plant seeds, it’s perfect to set intentions that you want to manifest in sixth months with the Full Moon.
NEW MOON IN AQUARIUS
The New Moon will occur at 4 degrees of Aquarius, a fixed and Air sign ruled by Saturn and Uranus. This lunar event will begin a new emotional cycle of sixth months that will be coming with radical change and calling for reinvention, liberation and for turn ideas into material reality. We’ve finally come out of the intense period of eclipse season and we´re ready to embark on a new journey after a period of endings. Aquarius Season will compel you to connect with your inner rebel and to permit yourself to start doing things differently by breaking free from the conventional and to do things your eccentric way.
The two luminaries will be making a tense square to Uranus in Taurus and a harmonious aspect to the Chiron and True Black Moon Lilith conjunction. This will begin a new emotional cycle of sixth months that will illuminate inwardly where we’ve been repressed and inhibited. Hence, we could set the intention to begin a process of healing to begin expressing those talents we have under the shadows. This is the change that New Moon will call for which will, as a consequence, pull us out of where we’ve been lying too comfortable. We may see the external changes of this or the full manifestation with the Full Moon in Aquarius of July 2020. Time to begin introspecting on this and begin setting intentions!
NEW MOON SQUARE URANUS IN TAURUS
Uranus is the planet of radical change, revolution, liberation and innovation. The two luminaries in the sign of Aquarius, aspecting tensely their planetary ruler, signifies that this new cycle will have to do with the themes of this planet. Thus, the changes that will bring may be abrupt, but they will be necessary. Remember after the endings of the eclipses, their is still work to do and now we are being asked to make some necessary changes in our lives. However, it will help us come out of a place of stagnation. For instance, if you’ve been wanting different results or a change in an area of your life, now you will be called to take action by doing things differently.
NEW MOON SEXTILE LILITH AND CHIRON
Asteroid Chiron, the wounded healer, will be in a conjunction with True Black Moon Lilith, the focal point between earth and the apogee of the Moon. Lilith represents in astrology our occult power that is hidden with all that we repress. This conjunction will then bring regenerative healing to the wounds of the ego that may be causing us to repress our talents, inhibit ourselves or hide our voice from the world. The New Moon in a harmonious aspect to this highlights that for change to happen we have to become aware of where we are currently not showing up, even though we desire to, due to insecurity. This aspect will also add to the healing power of this conjunction.
WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU
This New Moon will be calling for your personal reinvention and radical change to an area of your life. The Full Moon in Leo we will have in two weeks will be emerging your true self from the depths and asking for the full expression of your wildness, your talents and your creative power. It’s no coincidence that this New Moon will sextile the Chiron and Black Moon Lilith conjunction compelling you take a deep look to where you’re repressed so that you begin healing to start expressing yourself fully. This lunar event asks for you to break free from the norm and connect with your rebellious force to start being your eccentric and authentic self. This is what may bring change to your life and give you different results.
WHERE THE NEW MOON WILL BE TRANSITING BASED ON YOUR RISING SIGN
Where the New Moon will be transiting indicates what area of life is calling for reinvention and where it’s also meeting cycle reset.
- Aries: In the eleventh house, the area of networks, group of friends, connections, humanitarian efforts and goal setting.
- Taurus: In the tenth house, the area of career, public image and reputation.
- Gemini: In the ninth house, the area of travel, higher knowledge, book publishing, adventure, foreign people and countries.
- Cancer: In the eighth house, the area investments, inheritance and debts. Also in the area of death, rebirth, the shadow side and sexuality.
- Leo: In the seventh house, the area of relationships, weddings, partnerships, laws and justice.
- Virgo: In the sixth house, the area of service-based work, health, routines, and habits.
- Libra: In the fifth house, the area of creativity, fertility, children, and dating.
- Scorpio: In the fourth house. The area of the home, family, natal city, your roots, the past and internal world.
- Sagittarius: In the third house, the area of communication, intellect, education, brothers, and neighbors.
- Capricorn: In the second house, the area of finances, possessions and your value system.
- Aquarius: In the first house, the house of self, your appearance and personality.
- Pisces: In the twelfth house, the area of the unconscious, dreams, karma, confinement, working ‘under the radar’.
FOCUSING YOUR LUNAR WORK
- In what area of life is this new moon asking for my reinvention?
- Where do I feel repressed? What am I negating my self to experience due to fear or insecurity? How can I begin speaking my truth?
- What changes do I need to make in order to reinvent myself in this area of life?
- What ideas should I start turning into reality?