- Full Moon: 27° Scorpio 39´
- Time: May 19th 5:11 PM EDT/ 2:11 PM PDT
- Element: Water
- Modality: Fixed
- Ruler: Mars and Pluto
- Themes: Emotional intensity, connecting with intuition and inner power, illumination, discovering the hidden, making the unconscious, conscious.
ABOUT FULL MOONS
Every month the Moon reaches its full phase when it makes an exact opposition with the Sun. It represents the peak of its cycle, when emotions are heightened and when something subconscious rises into the conscious awareness. Also, it symbolizes a completion, when we see the results of what we’ve previously worked on. This makes it a great time to celebrate if you see the results of the seeds you planted and/or an opportunity for gaining clarity on something or a situation.
FULL MOON IN SCORPIO
This lunar event will be culminating a cycle that began with the last New Moon in Scorpio, hence, it’s a time of results, of illumination and emotional clarity. As Scorpio is the sign that rules the unknown and the profound waters of our psyche, this Full Moon will be the most emotionally intense of the year. It will be a time when the unconscious will be made conscious and when secrets that have been hiding in the caverns comes to light. Also, it makes it an excellent time for shadow work, for connecting with your inner capacity to heal and regenerate.
The alignments happening between planets will intensify this even more. The Full Moon will be aspecting Mercury & Pluto and Venus will be conjunct Uranus. Precisely, as this lunar event symbolizes the peak of a cycle, something catalyst may happen in your life. However, as we all have a different natal chart, it will affect each one of us in a unique way. Also, keep in mind that the effects of Full Moon last about two weeks.
THE SCORPIO AND TAURUS POLARITY
Every Full Moon in Scorpio happens during Taurus season, thus both energies will be activated. The exact opposition between the Sun and Moon orchestrates their energetic balance.
Taurus, ruled by Venus, is the sign of security, stability and value. Scorpio, from the traditional perspective, is ruled by Mars, the cosmic lover of Venus, but it’s also ruled by Pluto, the planet of the underworld and transformation. Therefore, this last sign rules intensity, the unknown and passion. Thus, Scorpio destabilizes Taurus, and during its zodiacal season, it brings to forth what needs more passion, excitement, or change during the Full Moon.
VENUS CONJUNCT URANUS
Right when the Sun entered Taurus, it made a conjunction with Uranus, making this season be very different than previous ones. Uranus is the sign of surprises, radical change and revolution, which is the opposite of Taurus that wants to stay secure. Thus, this makes this season for some, a time of change and exploring the unknown, something outside from our comfort.
However, the Sun and Moon will be far in degrees from Uranus, but since Venus entered Taurus recently, it will be conjunct it in this event. Therefore, as Venus’s presence will be felt, it makes this time to also evaluate relationships and it’s indicating that something new may be close, either an ending or a new start.
MARS IN CANCER
This Venus and Uranus conjunction that destabilizes relationships or our values and it’s asking for excitement and spontaneity, will be sextiling the co ruler of Scorpio, Mars. This planet is currently in Cancer and considering that it rules war, action and passion, in this sign, the waves of the ocean are high and agitated. This is the triple indicator that this moon will be intense.
FULL MOON OPPOSITE MERCURY
During this lunar event, the Sun will be right conjunct Mercury in Taurus and the Moon will be directly opposite. This aspect reinforces again that something will be illuminated, making it a great time for investigating, introspecting, or having that conversation.
FULL MOON ASPECTING PLUTO
The moon will be sextiling Pluto, which is conjunct Saturn and the South Node. As said in previous lunar reports, these planets have been tearing down structures and bringing endings to the house Capricorn rules in your chart. Since the full moon will be making a harmonious aspect to it, it highlights that what will be happening during this lunar event, is something that has to do with your personal growth, personal power and something that needs to occur in order for newness to come to your life.
WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU
As said, this lunar event will be emotionally intense and will be putting to forth elements from the unconscious. Thus, it’s excellent for shadow work, for gaining clarity, healing and regeneration- leaving the old to bring in the new. Also, if something doesn’t feel right during this time and you don’t know why, pay deep attention to it, for it may be your intuition highlighting to dig and discover what has being hidden from you. If an important event is happening in your life at the moment, know that this Full Moon will symbolize this situation and as we saw with the aspects, it’s something that was for you to either bring more excitement into your life, or for your personal growth.
This event is excellent for manifesting love or for channeling its cathartic energies for connecting with your inner power, your intuition or for doing activities that fuel you with passionate energy.
WHERE THE FULL MOON WOULD BE TRANSITING IN YOUR CHART.
Where the Full Moon will be transiting indicates in what area of your life it will mostly affect. This is based on your ascendant and in a whole sign house system. You can also look in your chart if you have any planet at 27 degrees, for then the Moon will be making an aspect to it.
The sun signs mostly affected will be Scorpio, Taurus and Aquarius; water signs and earth signs will feel this energy more harmoniously.
- Scorpio: In the first house. Hence, the house of self, your appearance and personality.
- Sagittarius: In the twelfth house. Thus, the area of the subconscious mind, dreams, karma, confinement, working ‘under the radar’.
- Capricorn: In the eleventh house. Hence, the area of networks, group of friends, connections, humanitarian efforts and goal setting.
- Aquarius: In the tenth house. Thus, the area of career, public image and reputation.
- Pisces: In the ninth house. Hence, the area of travel, higher knowledge, book publishing, adventure, foreign people and countries.
- Aries: In the eighth house. Thus, in the area investments, inheritance and debts. Also in the area of death, rebirth, the shadow side and sexuality.
- Taurus: In the seventh house. Hence, the area of relationships, weddings, partnerships, laws and justice.
- Gemini: In the sixth house. Hence, the area of service-based work, health, routines, and habits.
- Cancer: In the fifth house. Thus, the area of creativity, fertility, children, and dating.
- Leo: In the fourth house. Hence, the area of the home, family, natal city, your roots, the past and internal world.
- Virgo: In the third house. Thus, the area of communication, intellect, education, brothers, and neighbors.
- Libra: In the second house. Hence, the area of finances, possessions and your value system
FOCUSING YOUR LUNAR WORK
- What is the Full Moon illuminating or where do I need more clarity?
- In what house this Full Moon is transiting and what is changing in that area of my life?
- How can I connect more with my intuition or my inner power?
- Is something ending in my life or needs to end?
- What needs more passion or excitement in my life?