- Full Moon: 25° Sagittarius
- Date: June 17th 2019
- Time: 4:31 AM EDT / 1:31 AM PDT
- Element: Fire
- Modality: Mutable
- Ruler: Jupiter
- Theme: Finding focus and a sense of direction, getting clear on our vision, being open for change, reassessing what changes need to be made in order to continue your expansion.
ABOUT FULL MOONS
Every month the Moon reaches its full phase when it makes an exact opposition with the Sun. It represents the peak of its cycle, when emotions are heightened and when something subconscious rises into the conscious awareness. Also, it symbolizes a completion, when we see the results of what we’ve previously worked on. This makes it a great time to celebrate if you see the results of the seeds you planted and/or an opportunity for gaining clarity on something or a situation.
FULL MOON IN SAGITTARIUS
The Full Moon will occur at 25 degrees Sagittarius, a fire and mutable sign ruled by Jupiter. The dignity of the Moon in this sign is neutral, but because its ruler is at the sign of regency, its influence is more positive. When the moon reaches its peak in Sagittarius, it fuels us with fiery energy that makes us take action on our mission with freedom and optimism. Jupiter will be squaring Neptune and it brings the themes of the last New Moon in Gemini, the difference is that this time, the fog may dissipate and we may receive clarity on our vision and aspirations. It’s a time to open ourselves to change, undertake an adventure, follow our truth and focus on a target in order to meet expansion for the rest of Jupiter’s transit through Sagittarius.
On May 21st, the Sun entered Gemini. In this season, the collective is infused with curiosity, eager to experiment, try new things and with many ideas in mind. However, the downside is that the energy is not focused, it’s dispersed. For this reason, Gemini season always comes with a Full Moon in Sagittarius, since it balances both energies and illuminates our path. It’s one that help us expand on our ideas by applying focus and a clear sense of direction.
JUPITER RETROGRADE IN SAGITTARIUS
On June 10th, the Sun made an exact opposition to Jupiter, marking the half of its 13 month transit through Sagittarius. This was a time to evaluate how your growth and expansion has been, particularly in the house it has been transiting. The Full Moon will transit this same area of life giving more clarity and since this last planet is retrograde, it’s for focusing on your inner expansion. Thus, it’s about getting realigned with your vision or mission before it goes direct on August 11th.
JUPITER SQUARE NEPTUNE
The square between Jupiter and Neptune talks about imposed beliefs, illusions and aspirations that don’t stem from our soul. Thus, on the last new moon we set the intention to break free from them. With the full moon, we may finally feel more clear with what we truly aspire and our objective.
WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU
In this lunar event you may see the results of the intentions you set during the New Moon in Sagittarius of December 2018. Also, evaluate what area of life it’s transiting, as it brings an emotional peak to where you’ve been meeting expansion, since it’s where Jupiter has been.
We’re halfway of this planet’s transit through that house. What needs to be reassessed? What mental barriers need to be crossed to meet more growth or in order to manifest your vision? If you’ve been meeting changes in your life, then this Moon is ideal to open yourself for the new. The energy of this Moon is fiery, hence, it’s ideal to channel it to take action, to undertake a new quest with optimism, free of unsupporting limits or beliefs.
WHERE THE FULL MOON WILL BE TRANSITING
Where the Full Moon will be transiting in your chart, indicates the area of life Jupiter has been bringing expansion and abundance, while the moon brings clarity or a culmination. This is based on your rising sign and a whole sign system.
- Sagittarius: In the first house. Hence, the house of self, your appearance and personality.
- Capricorn: In the twelfth house. Thus, the area of the subconscious mind, dreams, karma, confinement, working ‘under the radar’.
- Aquarius: In the eleventh house. Hence, the area of networks, group of friends, connections, humanitarian efforts and goal setting.
- Pisces: In the tenth house. Thus, the area of career, public image and reputation.
- Aries: In the ninth house. Hence, the area of travel, higher knowledge, book publishing, adventure, foreign people and countries.
- Taurus: In the eighth house. Thus, in the area investments, inheritance and debts. Also in the area of death, rebirth, the shadow side and sexuality.
- Gemini: In the seventh house. Hence, the area of relationships, weddings, partnerships, laws and justice.
- Cancer: In the sixth house. Hence, the area of service-based work, health, routines, and habits.
- Leo: In the fifth house. Thus, the area of creativity, fertility, children, and dating.
- Virgo: In the fourth house. Hence, the area of the home, family, natal city, your roots, the past and internal world.
- Libra: In the third house. Thus, the area of communication, intellect, education, brothers, and neighbors.
- Scorpio: In the second house. Hence, the area of finances, possessions and your value system.
FOCUSING YOUR LUNAR WORK
- In what area of life Jupiter in Sagittarius has been bringing expansion and growth?
- Has that growth been on pause since Jupiter went retrograde (April 2019)? What needs to change or improve from within in order to continue growing after it goes direct (August 2019).
- What is the full moon culminating or illuminating?
- How clear are you now in your objective? Do you have a vision now? What can you do in order to manifest it? (In the remaining six months of Jupiter’s transit through Sagittarius).